National hero status again demanded for Sarabha
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A renewed demand for the national hero status for martyr Kartar Singh Sarabha was made when thousands of people gathered to pay tribute to him on the occasion of the founding centenary of the Gadar Party at Sarabha village on Thursday.
At a function organised by the Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) to pay homage to the Gadar Party hero at his native village, resolutions were adopted demanding that two universities be named as Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha University and Shaheed Bhagat Singh University, Gadar martyrs be recognised as national martyrs, history of Gadar Party be made part of history subject at all levels and chairs be established in universities for research in history and literature of the Gadar Party.
The function formally started with the unfurling of the flag of the Gadar Party by the senior leader of the party, Com. Darshan Singh Khatkar.