National hero status again demanded for Sarabha
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
A renewed demand for the national hero status for martyr Kartar Singh Sarabha was made when thousands of people gathered to pay tribute to him on the occasion of the founding centenary of the Gadar Party at Sarabha village on Thursday.
At a function organised by the Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) to pay homage to the Gadar Party hero at his native village, resolutions were adopted demanding that two universities be named as Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha University and Shaheed Bhagat Singh University, Gadar martyrs be recognised as national martyrs, history of Gadar Party be made part of history subject at all levels and chairs be established in universities for research in history and literature of the Gadar Party.