National honour for an international hero
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
In December 2011, the Government of India modified the criteria to allow sports persons to receive the Bharat Ratna. In the modern era, present generation one person whom every Indian can emulate is Sachin Tendulkar, not only just as a cricketer or sportsman but also as a true disciple of sports fraternity. In the discipline he chose i.e., cricket, Sachin has not only made himself proud but also the entire nation. Cricket is not the national sport of India but Sachin in the demi-god whom every cricketer as well as non cricketer loves to watch him play. Bharat Ratna is a true son of Indian soil whom every Indian would love to emulate and Sachin is definitely one among them. Cheers Sachin who made India Proud.
Ryan International School, CBSE Malad
After announcing his retirement our Indian government decided to confer upon him the most prestigious and highest civilian award Bharat Ratna. Sachin Tendulkar is one prime reason for Indians to swell their chest and say yes Sachin Tendulkar belongs to my country. So why are we still facing a query on our plans to award Sachin Bharat Ratna is it better to call him former cricketer Sachin than Bharat Ratna Sachin. 24 years for a game that changed his life. He has achieved an incredible feat. 200 Test matches is not an easy lullaby to sing. So in my opinion, yes Sachin should be awarded Bharat Ratna. For the man who has broken & made so many records, let us let him create his one last record by becoming the first cricketer to receive Bharat Ratna.
Anushka Menon, IX A
St. Aloysius High School, Nallasopara
Bharat Ratna, India's most prestigious award means 'Indian jewel'. It has been regularly conferred on civilians for the highest degree of national service. It has been announced that the following year it is going to be presented to Professor C N Rao and Sachin Tendulkar.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express