National livestock championship today
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
After the Animal Welfare Board of India ordered a ban on greyhound races last month citing animal cruelty, the four-day national livestock championship — to be held from Tuesday at Guru Gobind Singh Stadium — will now organise a dog show displaying 25 different breeds rather than organising the greyhound races. A beauty contest for buffaloes and cows will also be held on the inaugural day. Director of Animal Husbandry, Dr H S Sandha, said "will see horse and foal races." More than 5,000 animals are expected to take part in the competition.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer