Naval ship rescues fishing boat in Arabian sea
- Political parties can't be under RTI Act: Centre tells Supreme Court
- US stocks plunge in early trade; Dow Jones falls more than 1,000 points
- Black Monday: Sensex crashes 1,624 pts; Rs 7-lakh cr wiped out
- OROP row escalates, ex-serviceman on fast-unto-death shifted to hospital
- UN court to India: Suspend all trials against Italian marines
The Navy rescued nine members on board a fishing trawler which developed ingress of water in high seas. Nine crew members of the trawler were rescued yesterday in high-seas, (240 nautical miles) of north-west Goa, an official release of the Navy said.
Acting on a distress message sent by the trawler 'Kadal Matha' at 11 AM yesterday, the Western Naval Command at Mumbai directed its unit INS Nashak operating near the area to locate and render assistance, it said.