Naveen Jindalís helicopter makes emergency landing
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Member of Parliament and industrialist Naveen Jindal and two others had a narrow escape on Monday evening when the six-seater helicopter they were travelling in had to go in for an emergency landing at the Chandigarh Airport.
Jindal was on his way from Kurukshetra to Chandigarh. It is learnt that one of two engines of the chopper stopped functioning and the pilots had no option but to land immediately. Due to the emergency situation at the airport, a commercial flight was cancelled and a few others diverted.
The chopper landed at the centre of the runway at around 5:30 pm but could not be taxied out from there. The situation entailed for a change of copter wheels. But since the Punjab hanger did not have a similar chopper, an SOS was sent to the Pinjore Flying Club from where the wheels were brought to the airport. Finally it was wheeled out from the runway at around 7:35 pm.