Naveen Jindalís helicopter makes emergency landing
- Kalikho Pul's body found hanging from ceiling fan in CM house
- Kalikho Pul: A carpenter who became Arunachal chief minister
- Raghuram Rajan: Risks to inflation target of 5% for March 2017 continue to be on upside
- Irom Sharmila to break 16-year long fast today, start a new fight
- Topgun Abhinav Bindra falls in a shoot-out at Rio
Member of Parliament and industrialist Naveen Jindal and two others had a narrow escape on Monday evening when the six-seater helicopter they were travelling in had to go in for an emergency landing at the Chandigarh Airport.
Jindal was on his way from Kurukshetra to Chandigarh. It is learnt that one of two engines of the chopper stopped functioning and the pilots had no option but to land immediately. Due to the emergency situation at the airport, a commercial flight was cancelled and a few others diverted.
The chopper landed at the centre of the runway at around 5:30 pm but could not be taxied out from there. The situation entailed for a change of copter wheels. But since the Punjab hanger did not have a similar chopper, an SOS was sent to the Pinjore Flying Club from where the wheels were brought to the airport. Finally it was wheeled out from the runway at around 7:35 pm.
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity
- Angered by gau rakshak, now PM Modi must apply the same principle to all crime
- Governors, with rare exceptions, have been acting as if employees of the Central govt
- Arctic opportunities: India should leverage trade talks with South Korea
- PM Modi's belated statements on gau rakshaks still require scrutiny
- Changing a name of place can be an act of power or about the politics of visibility