Navjot Singh Sidhu’s latest: ‘This is PM poll, elect Narendra Modi’
- BJP cancels Sabir Ali's membership after objection by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and RSS
- Narendra Modi attacks Rahul Gandhi, says his 'entire family has never been able to fight BJP ideology'
- Imran Masood arrested after 'chop Modi' remark, Rahul Gandhi cancels Saharanpur rally
- Narendra Modi and Kejriwal locked in a war over books in Varanasi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi attacks BJP campaign, heads to Saharanpur for rally
Navjot Singh Sidhu on Sunday declared the coming elections are not for the chief minister of Gujarat but for the prime minister. His comments came a day after the BJP's Sushma Swaraj declared Narendra Modi to be competent for the prime minister's post.
At a meeting in Ahmedabad on Sunday, Sidhu urged voters to help take Modi to Delhi. "Rajiv Gandhi kahte the ki Rs 100 me se sirf Rs 10 hi garibon tak pahunchta hai, par Narendra Modi kahte hain mujhe Rs 100 do, main Rs 110 garibon tak pahunchaunga," he said. "Isiliye main kahta hun mitron, ki ye Gujarat ke mukhya mantra ka chunav nahin hai par hindustan ke pradhan mantra ka hai."
This time, he refrained from personal attacks on any candidate.
"Ye Angad ka pair hai jo Gujarat mein jamne vala hai, aur ap logon ko ise Delhi le kar jana hai. After Atal Bihari Vajpayee, if there is any national leader, it is Narendra Modi," he said.
Attacking the Congress, he said, "Congress Munni se zyada badnaam hai aur Sheela se zyada neelam."
- AAP volunteers hunting for a house for Kejriwal in Varanasi
- Arunachal's smallest polling station has only two voters
- Congress hints at taking outside support to keep BJP away
- Antony rejects Modi's criticism, calls his comment unpatriotic
- Election Commission sets in motion poll process in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry
- Opposition targets ruling AIADMK on power issue