Navjot Singh Sidhu’s latest: ‘This is PM poll, elect Narendra Modi’
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Navjot Singh Sidhu on Sunday declared the coming elections are not for the chief minister of Gujarat but for the prime minister. His comments came a day after the BJP's Sushma Swaraj declared Narendra Modi to be competent for the prime minister's post.
At a meeting in Ahmedabad on Sunday, Sidhu urged voters to help take Modi to Delhi. "Rajiv Gandhi kahte the ki Rs 100 me se sirf Rs 10 hi garibon tak pahunchta hai, par Narendra Modi kahte hain mujhe Rs 100 do, main Rs 110 garibon tak pahunchaunga," he said. "Isiliye main kahta hun mitron, ki ye Gujarat ke mukhya mantra ka chunav nahin hai par hindustan ke pradhan mantra ka hai."
This time, he refrained from personal attacks on any candidate.
"Ye Angad ka pair hai jo Gujarat mein jamne vala hai, aur ap logon ko ise Delhi le kar jana hai. After Atal Bihari Vajpayee, if there is any national leader, it is Narendra Modi," he said.
Attacking the Congress, he said, "Congress Munni se zyada badnaam hai aur Sheela se zyada neelam."