Navjot Singh Sidhu’s latest: ‘This is PM poll, elect Narendra Modi’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Navjot Singh Sidhu on Sunday declared the coming elections are not for the chief minister of Gujarat but for the prime minister. His comments came a day after the BJP's Sushma Swaraj declared Narendra Modi to be competent for the prime minister's post.
At a meeting in Ahmedabad on Sunday, Sidhu urged voters to help take Modi to Delhi. "Rajiv Gandhi kahte the ki Rs 100 me se sirf Rs 10 hi garibon tak pahunchta hai, par Narendra Modi kahte hain mujhe Rs 100 do, main Rs 110 garibon tak pahunchaunga," he said. "Isiliye main kahta hun mitron, ki ye Gujarat ke mukhya mantra ka chunav nahin hai par hindustan ke pradhan mantra ka hai."
This time, he refrained from personal attacks on any candidate.
"Ye Angad ka pair hai jo Gujarat mein jamne vala hai, aur ap logon ko ise Delhi le kar jana hai. After Atal Bihari Vajpayee, if there is any national leader, it is Narendra Modi," he said.
Attacking the Congress, he said, "Congress Munni se zyada badnaam hai aur Sheela se zyada neelam."
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun