Navjot Singh Sidhu’s latest: ‘This is PM poll, elect Narendra Modi’
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Navjot Singh Sidhu on Sunday declared the coming elections are not for the chief minister of Gujarat but for the prime minister. His comments came a day after the BJP's Sushma Swaraj declared Narendra Modi to be competent for the prime minister's post.
At a meeting in Ahmedabad on Sunday, Sidhu urged voters to help take Modi to Delhi. "Rajiv Gandhi kahte the ki Rs 100 me se sirf Rs 10 hi garibon tak pahunchta hai, par Narendra Modi kahte hain mujhe Rs 100 do, main Rs 110 garibon tak pahunchaunga," he said. "Isiliye main kahta hun mitron, ki ye Gujarat ke mukhya mantra ka chunav nahin hai par hindustan ke pradhan mantra ka hai."
This time, he refrained from personal attacks on any candidate.
"Ye Angad ka pair hai jo Gujarat mein jamne vala hai, aur ap logon ko ise Delhi le kar jana hai. After Atal Bihari Vajpayee, if there is any national leader, it is Narendra Modi," he said.
Attacking the Congress, he said, "Congress Munni se zyada badnaam hai aur Sheela se zyada neelam."