Navni Parihar is Indira Gandhi on Pradhan Mantri
- Beef row: Amit Shah reprimands BJP 'motormouths' over controversial remarks
- NJAC SC verdict: Democracy cannot be 'tyranny of the unelected', says Arun Jaitley
- Rajkot police to file FIR against Hardik Patel for 'insulting' tricolour
- I am not Sheila Dikshit, will not let you sleep peacefully: Kejriwal to Modi on Delhi rapes
- After Express report on Pepsi displeasure, BCCI gets Vivo to sponsor IPL
Television actress Navni Parihar will be seen playing the iconic Indian leader, Indira Gandhi in Pradhan Mantri, a documentary series that chronicles the history of India since 1947. The actress who's known to be quite picky about her roles, immediately took it on.
One learned that the actress was quite taken aback at being approached to play the Iron Lady of India. "I was quite surprised at being offered Indira Gandhi's role. It's not a role that one can instantly imagine me in. So I was curious and asked them about it. It seems they wanted an actress who not only would do justice to the role in terms of acting, but also had a long nose and big eyes like Indiraji," said Parihar, who was convinced only when she saw the results of the look test that they did with her. "They did a fine job of making me look like Indiraji," recalls the actress, adding that she's honoured to play the legendary leader. She's also happy with the response she's got for her role as an abandoned bride in the serial Bani.
The Indira Gandhi track on Pradhan Mantri, which airs on ABP News channel every Saturday, is all set to take off by the end of this month. It has noted film-maker/actor Shekhar Kapur hosting the series. "Phew. Quite a lady! Just finished the shoot for The Indira Gandhi episodes of #pradhanmantri .. am learning so much I did not know," he tweeted recently.