Navni Parihar is Indira Gandhi on Pradhan Mantri
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Television actress Navni Parihar will be seen playing the iconic Indian leader, Indira Gandhi in Pradhan Mantri, a documentary series that chronicles the history of India since 1947. The actress who's known to be quite picky about her roles, immediately took it on.
One learned that the actress was quite taken aback at being approached to play the Iron Lady of India. "I was quite surprised at being offered Indira Gandhi's role. It's not a role that one can instantly imagine me in. So I was curious and asked them about it. It seems they wanted an actress who not only would do justice to the role in terms of acting, but also had a long nose and big eyes like Indiraji," said Parihar, who was convinced only when she saw the results of the look test that they did with her. "They did a fine job of making me look like Indiraji," recalls the actress, adding that she's honoured to play the legendary leader. She's also happy with the response she's got for her role as an abandoned bride in the serial Bani.
The Indira Gandhi track on Pradhan Mantri, which airs on ABP News channel every Saturday, is all set to take off by the end of this month. It has noted film-maker/actor Shekhar Kapur hosting the series. "Phew. Quite a lady! Just finished the shoot for The Indira Gandhi episodes of #pradhanmantri .. am learning so much I did not know," he tweeted recently.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express