Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play tycoon in Black Currency
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been making waves in the film industry ever since his stellar performance in Kahaani and Gangs Of Wasseypur. The maverick actor who has been recently on a film signing spree will now be seen sporting a new look for his role in Sanjay Sharma's Black Currency. The film which seeks to expose the business of counterfeit notes features Nawaz playing a shrewd, manipulative tycoon.
However, unlike the conventional filmi tycoons that are portrayed as the suave, slick and stylish jetsetters, Nawaz will be seen as a petite yet sharp individual. The film which is scripted by Sharma draws inspiration from his own life when he was handed back a fake Rs. 500 note that was being deposited in a bank. Taking a cue from the incident and also integrating other cases of fake notes, Sharma had woven a script that has been three years in the making.
Apart from Nawaz the film, Black Currency will also feature Minissha Lamba, Prashant Narayanan, Ravi Kishan, Rituparna Sengupta, Yuvraj Parashar and Kapil Sharma. Produced by Shantketan Films in association with Shivansh Movie Group it will be shot in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asian countries.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express