Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play tycoon in Black Currency
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been making waves in the film industry ever since his stellar performance in Kahaani and Gangs Of Wasseypur. The maverick actor who has been recently on a film signing spree will now be seen sporting a new look for his role in Sanjay Sharma's Black Currency. The film which seeks to expose the business of counterfeit notes features Nawaz playing a shrewd, manipulative tycoon.
However, unlike the conventional filmi tycoons that are portrayed as the suave, slick and stylish jetsetters, Nawaz will be seen as a petite yet sharp individual. The film which is scripted by Sharma draws inspiration from his own life when he was handed back a fake Rs. 500 note that was being deposited in a bank. Taking a cue from the incident and also integrating other cases of fake notes, Sharma had woven a script that has been three years in the making.
Apart from Nawaz the film, Black Currency will also feature Minissha Lamba, Prashant Narayanan, Ravi Kishan, Rituparna Sengupta, Yuvraj Parashar and Kapil Sharma. Produced by Shantketan Films in association with Shivansh Movie Group it will be shot in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asian countries.