Nawazuddin Siddiqui's 'Miss Lovely' to release with 400 prints in India
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
'Miss Lovely', starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, will release this month in India with 400 prints.
The film is about two brothers, Vicky and Sonu Duggal (Anil George and Nawazuddin) who are struggling to produce illegal sex-horror films in the mid 1980s, and their mutually
destructive relationship with a struggling actress called Pinky (Niharika Singh). The film will release on January 17.
"Initially we were going with 225-250 screens. But after seeing the overwhelming response from multiplexes, theatre
owners, exhibitors and distributors pan India, we are looking at 400-plus screens and a decent number of shows," co-distributor Sunny Khanna of White Lion said.
"These films need right voices, and not empty noise to reach out to their audience. Everything from marketing to the screens needs to be apt for these small gems to make some
money," said B L Gautam, who is distributing the film under his Easel Films banner.
The film, which marks the directorial debut of Ashim Ahluwalia, was first screen at the Cannes film festival in the
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed