Nawazuddin Siddiqui's 'Miss Lovely' to release with 400 prints in India
- PM Modi flags off Mahamana Express from Varanasi, distributes aid to differently-abled persons
- Campus battlelines drawn, students reject decision to revoke suspension
- Speaking on personal life in India can land one in jail: Karan Johar
- Supreme Court orders probe into murder of BSP leader Raju Pal
- Delhi Police issues alert for missing car hired from Pathankot
'Miss Lovely', starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, will release this month in India with 400 prints.
The film is about two brothers, Vicky and Sonu Duggal (Anil George and Nawazuddin) who are struggling to produce illegal sex-horror films in the mid 1980s, and their mutually
destructive relationship with a struggling actress called Pinky (Niharika Singh). The film will release on January 17.
"Initially we were going with 225-250 screens. But after seeing the overwhelming response from multiplexes, theatre
owners, exhibitors and distributors pan India, we are looking at 400-plus screens and a decent number of shows," co-distributor Sunny Khanna of White Lion said.
"These films need right voices, and not empty noise to reach out to their audience. Everything from marketing to the screens needs to be apt for these small gems to make some
money," said B L Gautam, who is distributing the film under his Easel Films banner.
The film, which marks the directorial debut of Ashim Ahluwalia, was first screen at the Cannes film festival in the