Nawazuddin Siddiqui's 'Miss Lovely' to release with 400 prints in India
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
'Miss Lovely', starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, will release this month in India with 400 prints.
The film is about two brothers, Vicky and Sonu Duggal (Anil George and Nawazuddin) who are struggling to produce illegal sex-horror films in the mid 1980s, and their mutually
destructive relationship with a struggling actress called Pinky (Niharika Singh). The film will release on January 17.
"Initially we were going with 225-250 screens. But after seeing the overwhelming response from multiplexes, theatre
owners, exhibitors and distributors pan India, we are looking at 400-plus screens and a decent number of shows," co-distributor Sunny Khanna of White Lion said.
"These films need right voices, and not empty noise to reach out to their audience. Everything from marketing to the screens needs to be apt for these small gems to make some
money," said B L Gautam, who is distributing the film under his Easel Films banner.
The film, which marks the directorial debut of Ashim Ahluwalia, was first screen at the Cannes film festival in the
the Un Certain Regard category. It also travelled to Dubai International Film Festival and Mumbai International Film Festival.