Naxals set 26 vehicles on fire in Gadchiroli
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
Suspected Maoists on Sunday set on fire 26 vehicles deployed in north Gadchiroli for road construction work. The incident occurred between Lekha and Dodalwahi villages in Dhanora tahsil around 2 pm. The spot is nearly 10 km away from Dhanora police station. The act was carried out by about 50 Naxals. The vehicles which were set afire included 19 tractors, two JCB machines, a road roller, two water tankers and two motorcycles.
The vehicles belonged to a Ingole-Patil Construction Company of Pune, according to Deputy Inspector General of Police (Gadchiroli range) Ravindra Kadam.