NCC Navel Wing Cadets win 18 medals
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
The NCC Naval Wing contingent brought laurels to the city by winning 18 medals in the All Indian Nau Sainik Camp held at Vishakhapatnam last week. The 40-member contingent returned to Chandigarh on Monday and were welcomed by Major General PS Mader, Additional Director general of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh NCC Directorates. The Naval Wing contingent claimed medals competing against a total of 17 directorates from all over India and the contingent included 10 girl cadets and 30 boy cadets. The contingent was led by Lt Cdr ARRA Kondal, Associate NCC Officer from Bilaspur. The contingent was accompanied by MCPO Kulwinder Singh and PO Ved Prakash and GCI Sandeep from Patiala.
The team was honoured at NCC Group Headquarters, Sector 26 and was also attended by Brigadier Satish Kumar, Group Commander, Chandigarh NCC and Brigadier SJ Singh, Deputy Director General of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh NCC Directorate and Captain GM Singh (Indian Navy), Commanding Officer of Chandigarh Naval Unit.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.