NCC Navel Wing Cadets win 18 medals
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
The NCC Naval Wing contingent brought laurels to the city by winning 18 medals in the All Indian Nau Sainik Camp held at Vishakhapatnam last week. The 40-member contingent returned to Chandigarh on Monday and were welcomed by Major General PS Mader, Additional Director general of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh NCC Directorates. The Naval Wing contingent claimed medals competing against a total of 17 directorates from all over India and the contingent included 10 girl cadets and 30 boy cadets. The contingent was led by Lt Cdr ARRA Kondal, Associate NCC Officer from Bilaspur. The contingent was accompanied by MCPO Kulwinder Singh and PO Ved Prakash and GCI Sandeep from Patiala.
The team was honoured at NCC Group Headquarters, Sector 26 and was also attended by Brigadier Satish Kumar, Group Commander, Chandigarh NCC and Brigadier SJ Singh, Deputy Director General of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh NCC Directorate and Captain GM Singh (Indian Navy), Commanding Officer of Chandigarh Naval Unit.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China