NCC Navel Wing Cadets win 18 medals
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
The NCC Naval Wing contingent brought laurels to the city by winning 18 medals in the All Indian Nau Sainik Camp held at Vishakhapatnam last week. The 40-member contingent returned to Chandigarh on Monday and were welcomed by Major General PS Mader, Additional Director general of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh NCC Directorates. The Naval Wing contingent claimed medals competing against a total of 17 directorates from all over India and the contingent included 10 girl cadets and 30 boy cadets. The contingent was led by Lt Cdr ARRA Kondal, Associate NCC Officer from Bilaspur. The contingent was accompanied by MCPO Kulwinder Singh and PO Ved Prakash and GCI Sandeep from Patiala.
The team was honoured at NCC Group Headquarters, Sector 26 and was also attended by Brigadier Satish Kumar, Group Commander, Chandigarh NCC and Brigadier SJ Singh, Deputy Director General of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh NCC Directorate and Captain GM Singh (Indian Navy), Commanding Officer of Chandigarh Naval Unit.