NCC teacher booked as bullet hits cadet during training
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
The Deccan Gymkhana police on Monday registered an offence against a teacher of Loyala school in connection with the incident in which a cadet was hit by a bullet during a firing practice at the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Group headquarters on Senapati Bapat Road on February 1.
"An offence under Section 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered against the teacher, Amod Anil Ghanekar, who is also the NCC officer. We have not yet arrested him. There was sufficient information obtained during investigation to lodge an offence against Ghanekar. Investigation is on," said senior inspector Manohar Joshi of the Deccan Gymkhana police station.
Police said 14-year-old Parag Devendra Ingle stood up "all of a sudden" when his NCC teacher was imparting firing training to the cadets from a 0.22 mm rifle at the NCC Group headquarters.
A batch of cadets had lay down on the ground to take position for firing training. Just when Ghanekar pulled the trigger showing how to fire, Ingle suddenly stood up and the bullet hit him in the head, said the police.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages