NCP leader attacks cop with sword
- LIVE Netaji files: PM Modi declassifies 100 files on Subhash Chandra Bose
- Anti-national Rohith to Mother India son Rohith: Why the shift
- NIA arrests 13 Islamic State sympathisers in 'anti-terror' crackdown
- Rohith Vemula suicide: Police ready to move in, students set for face-off
- Live, Ind vs Aus, 5th ODI: Dhawan, Rohit get India off to flying start
In another incident of politicians attacking police, assistant police inspector (API) Dhananjay Patil, trying to stop a street fight, was hit on the head with a sword by the son of an NCP corporator in Dhule Monday evening. He was severely injured and received 30 stitches.
"I received a complaint that there was trouble in old Dhule where two groups had squared off against each other. While trying to disburse the mob, I was attacked with a sword on my head," Patil said.
He said the fight was between Devendra, a.k.a. Deva Pahelwan, son of NCP corporator and former city president of the party Chandrakant Sonar, and Gadda Pahelwan.
The mob of over 50 people fled after the attack.
Patil claimed all accused were history sheeters. "The people who attacked me are history sheeters. They are associated with NCP."