NCP leader attacks cop with sword
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
In another incident of politicians attacking police, assistant police inspector (API) Dhananjay Patil, trying to stop a street fight, was hit on the head with a sword by the son of an NCP corporator in Dhule Monday evening. He was severely injured and received 30 stitches.
"I received a complaint that there was trouble in old Dhule where two groups had squared off against each other. While trying to disburse the mob, I was attacked with a sword on my head," Patil said.
He said the fight was between Devendra, a.k.a. Deva Pahelwan, son of NCP corporator and former city president of the party Chandrakant Sonar, and Gadda Pahelwan.
The mob of over 50 people fled after the attack.
Patil claimed all accused were history sheeters. "The people who attacked me are history sheeters. They are associated with NCP."
Chandrakant Sonar was part of a mob during the January 6 Dhule riots. Dhule Police have filed a case against Devendra and Bhushan Sonar. All accused are absconding.