NCP leader attacks cop with sword
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
In another incident of politicians attacking police, assistant police inspector (API) Dhananjay Patil, trying to stop a street fight, was hit on the head with a sword by the son of an NCP corporator in Dhule Monday evening. He was severely injured and received 30 stitches.
"I received a complaint that there was trouble in old Dhule where two groups had squared off against each other. While trying to disburse the mob, I was attacked with a sword on my head," Patil said.
He said the fight was between Devendra, a.k.a. Deva Pahelwan, son of NCP corporator and former city president of the party Chandrakant Sonar, and Gadda Pahelwan.
The mob of over 50 people fled after the attack.
Patil claimed all accused were history sheeters. "The people who attacked me are history sheeters. They are associated with NCP."
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully