NCP leader attacks cop with sword
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
In another incident of politicians attacking police, assistant police inspector (API) Dhananjay Patil, trying to stop a street fight, was hit on the head with a sword by the son of an NCP corporator in Dhule Monday evening. He was severely injured and received 30 stitches.
"I received a complaint that there was trouble in old Dhule where two groups had squared off against each other. While trying to disburse the mob, I was attacked with a sword on my head," Patil said.
He said the fight was between Devendra, a.k.a. Deva Pahelwan, son of NCP corporator and former city president of the party Chandrakant Sonar, and Gadda Pahelwan.
The mob of over 50 people fled after the attack.
Patil claimed all accused were history sheeters. "The people who attacked me are history sheeters. They are associated with NCP."
Chandrakant Sonar was part of a mob during the January 6 Dhule riots. Dhule Police have filed a case against Devendra and Bhushan Sonar. All accused are absconding.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past