NCP MLA Mete hurt in car mishap
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Vinayak Mete was injured after the car in which he was travelling lost control and rammed an electricity pole near Hotel Green Park on Baner Road in the early hours of Tuesday.
Mete was admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic for treatment. His condition was reported to be stable. Car driver Sanjay Borkar suffered minor injuries in the mishap. Police said Mete had come to Pune from Mumbai to attend a meeting of the Loklekha Samiti on Tuesday.
Arrangements for his stay were made at a hotel in Balewadi. He was going to this hotel when the incident took place. Police said air bags in the car inflated after the mishap, thus reducing the nature of injuries received by Mete and Borkar.
Meanwhile, Home Minister
R R Patil, who was in Pune on Tuesday, visited Mete at Ruby Hall Clinic.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act