NCP MLA Mete hurt in car mishap
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Vinayak Mete was injured after the car in which he was travelling lost control and rammed an electricity pole near Hotel Green Park on Baner Road in the early hours of Tuesday.
Mete was admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic for treatment. His condition was reported to be stable. Car driver Sanjay Borkar suffered minor injuries in the mishap. Police said Mete had come to Pune from Mumbai to attend a meeting of the Loklekha Samiti on Tuesday.
Arrangements for his stay were made at a hotel in Balewadi. He was going to this hotel when the incident took place. Police said air bags in the car inflated after the mishap, thus reducing the nature of injuries received by Mete and Borkar.
Meanwhile, Home Minister
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since