NCP MLA Mete hurt in car mishap
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- India-US chill claims Nancy Powellâs job
- Jobs report gloomy, prospects worst for graduates, shows all-India govt data
- Will act on report based on Tarun Tejpal CCTV tapes: Goa Police
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Advani praises Modi, Smriti Irani takes a dig at Rahul Gandhi
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Vinayak Mete was injured after the car in which he was travelling lost control and rammed an electricity pole near Hotel Green Park on Baner Road in the early hours of Tuesday.
Mete was admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic for treatment. His condition was reported to be stable. Car driver Sanjay Borkar suffered minor injuries in the mishap. Police said Mete had come to Pune from Mumbai to attend a meeting of the Loklekha Samiti on Tuesday.
Arrangements for his stay were made at a hotel in Balewadi. He was going to this hotel when the incident took place. Police said air bags in the car inflated after the mishap, thus reducing the nature of injuries received by Mete and Borkar.
Meanwhile, Home Minister
R R Patil, who was in Pune on Tuesday, visited Mete at Ruby Hall Clinic.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters