NCP MLA Mete hurt in car mishap
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Vinayak Mete was injured after the car in which he was travelling lost control and rammed an electricity pole near Hotel Green Park on Baner Road in the early hours of Tuesday.
Mete was admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic for treatment. His condition was reported to be stable. Car driver Sanjay Borkar suffered minor injuries in the mishap. Police said Mete had come to Pune from Mumbai to attend a meeting of the Loklekha Samiti on Tuesday.
Arrangements for his stay were made at a hotel in Balewadi. He was going to this hotel when the incident took place. Police said air bags in the car inflated after the mishap, thus reducing the nature of injuries received by Mete and Borkar.
Meanwhile, Home Minister
R R Patil, who was in Pune on Tuesday, visited Mete at Ruby Hall Clinic.