NCP MLA’s bail plea rejected
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Vaghasia is one of the three NCP MLAs in the state
A court at Gondal Saturday rejected the bail plea of NCP MLA from Gondal Chandu Vaghasia, who was arrested in connection with an alleged Rs 53-lakh irrigation scam on November 11.
Vaghasia was remanded to two-day custody of the CID, which ended on Friday. The court has now sent sitting MLA to judicial custody.
Vaghasia is one of the three NCP MLAs in the state. Top party leaders have maintained he will be fielded again from Gondal in the upcoming Assembly polls.
In 2007, Vaghasia had contested polls from behind bars after being arrested in a murder case. He was granted parole for campaigning.
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- At Dangs Darbar, tribal kings complain of neglect, apathy
- In a first, Centre asks NGO to monitor teacher education
- New high for TV news: Anchor announces news dept going on strike
- Pawar, Chavan to launch NCP-Cong poll campaign in Pune on March 18
- Gurgaon has highest number of young voters in Haryana