NCSC seeks BBAU reply on ‘harassment’ of SC teacher
The National Commission of Scheduled Castes (NCSC) has asked the vice-chancellor of Dr Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar (Central) University (BBAU), Lucknow, for a "communication" over the alleged harassment of Prof R G Sonkawade, who was the Dean of School of Physical Sciences at BBAU.
BBAU V-C Prof R C Sobti said the matter will be looked into and responded accordingly.
Talking to The Sunday Express, Prof Sonkawade said that "being a person from Scheduled Caste, I was subjected to a lot of biases at the university which forced me to complain to the National Commission for Scheduled Castes."
He said a number of actions by the university forced him to leave his position at BBAU and join the Inter-University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), New Delhi. Prof Sonkawade had joined BBAU in June 2011 and left two years later in June 2013.
He added: "In my capacity as the senior most Dean, I was a member of the Board of Management (BoM) where I didn't allow a number of (unjustified) decisions to be passed. So I was deliberately removed and also removed from other committees."
The last NCSC meeting on the matter took place November 18 this year, where NCSC also heard from director, University Grants Commission (UGC). The next date of hearing is December 30, for which the BBAU has been asked to respond.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18