NDA cadet dies during training
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A fourth term cadet of the National Defence Academy (NDA) died during the training session on Saturday evening. Officials said investigations were on to determine the cause of death.
On January 8 last year, third term cadet K Vignesh had died of cardiac arrest during a training run in the academy. It is learnt that preparations are under way for Camp Rovers that takes place during the fourth term at the academy.
When contacted, an NDA spokesperson said: "On February 2 at 9.25 pm, Cadet Ajitesh Goel of 126th course-4th term was participating in organised training activity, namely night navigation. He suddenly collapsed short of finishing line. He was taken to the Military Hospital, Khadakwasla, where he was declared brought dead."