Need a secure car number plate? Take a date online
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Tamper-proof plates must for vehicles bought after April 30, 2012: Transport department.
In an attempt to streamline the process of getting high security registration plates (HSRP) installed, a website has been launched through which new vehicle owners can seek an appointment for installation of these plates.
The company responsible for fitting these plates across all RTOs in Delhi, Rosmerta Technologies, said this website will help encourage people to come forward for installing HSRP.
"We have started the website so car owners can seek appointment for installation of HSRP without wasting any time. A person can seek a time slot depending upon availability and will be given first priority once they arrive at one of our centres,'' Rosmerta Technologies managing director U R Kapoor said.
About 1,500 cars are registered daily in Delhi.
The company said the number of cars coming for HSRP had not improved much. Most new cars are either being driven with a temporary number plate or the owners have got simple number plates for them, sources said.
The company is still dealing with a backlog of 1.16 lakh number plates. "Over 1.5 lakh number plates have been installed but a huge backlog still remains. We have given the Transport department a list of number plates which are still lying with us,'' Kapoor said.
Meanwhile, in order to get new vehicle owners to come forward for installing HSRP, Delhi government's Transport department on Wednesday issued a public notice asking owners of all such vehicles, which were sold after April 30, 2012, to be fitted with HSRP. Else, such vehicles would be treated as "without valid registration".
The notice states: "Such owners are hereby advised to immediately ensure compliance in this regard to avoid prosecution and impounding of their vehicles under relevant provisions of law.''
The Transport department had earlier issued a notification directing dealers to ensure that motor vehicles are delivered to the owners only after affixation of HSRP. But the car dealers are not following these orders, officials said.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun