Need a wingman to woo girls? There’s an app for that
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police on Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Narendra Modi's candidature in Varanasi
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
An app has been developed that finds a "wingman" for single blokes, who are looking for love in pubs and bars.
Lonely blokes on the prowl now have the new Australian-made "Find A Wingman'' app, which uses GPS to locate nearby men willing to act as the Goose to their Maverick when wooing a girl, News.com.au reported.
Users log in via Facebook or Google and hit the "Need-A-Wingman" button to broadcast a call for help to nearby men in the area.
If a bro-mance is formed, the two can message each other to meet at a bar and start girlfriend-hunting.
Melbourne software designer Marius Kramer, 26, said he came up with the idea for the free Android app after moving to Australia from Europe.
"So many times I wanted to go out and hit the bars and meet some women, but I didn't have any mates to go with," he said.
"But with this app I can now find a guy who's really keen on going out right now, and meet women," he added.
The self-described "appreneur," who has been single for six years, said a wingman was crucial to meeting women.
"If you're alone in the bar and you're clinging onto your drink you don't really seem that attractive, and you're never going to get a woman," he said.
"So many nice guys don't talk to girls. This gives guys back some confidence to maybe meet their girlfriend, maybe their future wife," he said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota