Need a wingman to woo girls? There’s an app for that
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
An app has been developed that finds a "wingman" for single blokes, who are looking for love in pubs and bars.
Lonely blokes on the prowl now have the new Australian-made "Find A Wingman'' app, which uses GPS to locate nearby men willing to act as the Goose to their Maverick when wooing a girl, News.com.au reported.
Users log in via Facebook or Google and hit the "Need-A-Wingman" button to broadcast a call for help to nearby men in the area.
If a bro-mance is formed, the two can message each other to meet at a bar and start girlfriend-hunting.
Melbourne software designer Marius Kramer, 26, said he came up with the idea for the free Android app after moving to Australia from Europe.
"So many times I wanted to go out and hit the bars and meet some women, but I didn't have any mates to go with," he said.
"But with this app I can now find a guy who's really keen on going out right now, and meet women," he added.
The self-described "appreneur," who has been single for six years, said a wingman was crucial to meeting women.
"If you're alone in the bar and you're clinging onto your drink you don't really seem that attractive, and you're never going to get a woman," he said.
"So many nice guys don't talk to girls. This gives guys back some confidence to maybe meet their girlfriend, maybe their future wife," he said.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress