Need to set up more tech education institutes: CM
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday underlined the need for setting up of more institutions to impart technical education.
She said quality human resources was the key to ensure a healthy economic growth in a country.
She was speaking after laying the foundation stone of Deen Dayal Upadhaya College's new campus in Dwarka in Southwest Delhi. The campus is being constrcuted at a cost of Rs 130 crore.
The building will have 20 teaching laboratories, six research laboratories, 12 lecture theatres and 28 lecture rooms besides 28 small rooms for holding the tutorial classes.
The building will be constructed in accordance with the green building concept.