Neha Sharma: 'Uncomfortable doing intimate scenes, will never do again'
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
The 25-year-old actress said she will not do a lovemaking scene in the future as she is not comfortable shedding off her clothes.
"It is not that elaborate... Yes there is a certain amount of intimacy because the script required it but I was not comfortable. I will not do it again, it pushes me out of my comfort zone which I don't like," Neha told PTI.
The actress plays the role of a middle class girl named Simran, who moves to Mumbai to fulfil her dreams, while Vivek plays the role of a gangster.
The romantic movie is helmed by debutante director Vinnil Markan and will hit the theatres this Friday.
This is Neha's fourth Bollywood movie after "Crook", "Teri Meri Kahaani" and adult comedy "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum".
And the actress says it has been a learning and struggling experience in the industry since she does not come from a filmy background.
"You need to have a lot of patience to survive in this industry. If you are not from a filmy background, there is a lot of struggle with every film and getting new offers. Also you don't get the kind of movies you want to work in, so you have to be careful with your choice. Sometimes the wait is a bit too long but I am confident things will work out for me," Neha said.
The actress says there have been days when she thought of quitting but she is thankful for her family's support which kept her going.
"There are those days of self doubt and always that moment when you feel like quitting but I am grateful to my family for being there with me at such times and supporting me. They have been my constant source of confidence and believe in me like nobody else does."
Neha's next project is "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2" opposite Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby Deol.
She gushed about her liking for Sunny since she was a kid and how it is an honour to work with legendary Dharmendra.
"It is an honour to work with them not because they are good actors but also good human beings. One does not get an opportunity to work with Dharmendraji everyday.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi