Neighbours beat up estranged wife of Haryana's Ex-Deputy CM
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
Anuradha Bali aka Fiza, estranged wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, was thrashed by her neighbours at her residence on the outskirts of Chandigarh today, police said.
Fiza, a former Haryana Assistant Advocate General, received grievous injuries on her head and was hospitalised in a government hospital in Chandigarh, they said.
She invited her neighbours' wrath after she allegedly beat up a few children playing in a park in front of her residence.
Enraged over her action, around six to seven people, including women, some of the carrying rods, gave her a severe beating, police said.
Earlier also, Fiza had frequent quarrels with her neighbours following which she was taken into custody by the Punjab Police and released after a stern warning.
She had hogged the limelight when she married Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammad a few years back.
Chander Mohan later divorced her and went to his first wife.