Neighbours beat up estranged wife of Haryana's Ex-Deputy CM
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Anuradha Bali aka Fiza, estranged wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, was thrashed by her neighbours at her residence on the outskirts of Chandigarh today, police said.
Fiza, a former Haryana Assistant Advocate General, received grievous injuries on her head and was hospitalised in a government hospital in Chandigarh, they said.
She invited her neighbours' wrath after she allegedly beat up a few children playing in a park in front of her residence.
Enraged over her action, around six to seven people, including women, some of the carrying rods, gave her a severe beating, police said.
Earlier also, Fiza had frequent quarrels with her neighbours following which she was taken into custody by the Punjab Police and released after a stern warning.
She had hogged the limelight when she married Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammad a few years back.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism