Neil Nitin Mukesh wants to direct films
- BJP defends Narendra Modi's aide Amit Shah's 'badla' remark, says he 'captured the mood of the nation'
- AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP playing divisive politics ahead of polls, alleges Congress
Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh, who has served as an assistant director for five years in the beginning of his film career, wants to get behind the camera someday and call the shots.
"I was an assistant director for five years of my life. I would definitely like to get into direction for sure. It will certainly happen some day but it is little premature to talk
about it," Neil said.
He was an assistant director for Yash Raj Films Mujhse Dosti Karoge.
Considering that the actor plans to venture into direction, he gets involved in almost every aspect of filmmaking. One can recollect that he also sung for his films Aa Dekhen Zara and Jail and expressed his desire to turn music director as well.
"I am involved in the filmmaking process like from scripting to post production from music to story to direction," said Neil.
"I think every actor should not be complacent about the fact that he is one. For me everything is my job. If my film set is dirty I will start cleaning it, I am not ashamed of doing it. Its my film so I will do whatever I can," he said.
The 31-year-old enjoys writing as well and is putting final touches to a script he has penned between his film commitments.
"The film is titled 'Paidaar'. It means eternal.. For me love never dies. It is still under writing stage, a last draft of dialogues is happening that is happening simultaneously with my other projects," Neil said.
"I am trying to finish off my prior commitments before I jump into anything own of mine," he said.
If all goes well, then the film will go on floors this year itself. Hopefully by end of the year we should start working on it," Neil said.
- Congress-CPI tie-up in Telangana a special case: CPI
- RBI shifts to CPI-based Real Effective Exchange Rate
- Raghuram Rajan's RBI shifts to consumer prices to value Indian rupee against other currencies
- Market volatility at 4-month high as Lok Sabha elections approach
- Azam Khan urges Bukhari to reconsider his support to Congress
- Uma Bharti takes ill; poll campaign on hold