Neil Nitin Mukesh wants to direct films
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh, who has served as an assistant director for five years in the beginning of his film career, wants to get behind the camera someday and call the shots.
"I was an assistant director for five years of my life. I would definitely like to get into direction for sure. It will certainly happen some day but it is little premature to talk
about it," Neil said.
He was an assistant director for Yash Raj Films Mujhse Dosti Karoge.
Considering that the actor plans to venture into direction, he gets involved in almost every aspect of filmmaking. One can recollect that he also sung for his films Aa Dekhen Zara and Jail and expressed his desire to turn music director as well.
"I am involved in the filmmaking process like from scripting to post production from music to story to direction," said Neil.
"I think every actor should not be complacent about the fact that he is one. For me everything is my job. If my film set is dirty I will start cleaning it, I am not ashamed of doing it. Its my film so I will do whatever I can," he said.
The 31-year-old enjoys writing as well and is putting final touches to a script he has penned between his film commitments.
"The film is titled 'Paidaar'. It means eternal.. For me love never dies. It is still under writing stage, a last draft of dialogues is happening that is happening simultaneously with my other projects," Neil said.
"I am trying to finish off my prior commitments before I jump into anything own of mine," he said.
If all goes well, then the film will go on floors this year itself. Hopefully by end of the year we should start working on it," Neil said.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment