Neil Nitin Mukesh is under rated as an actor: Bejoy Nambiar
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Modi's name
"Shaitan" director Bejoy Nambiar, who is looking forward to the release of his second film "David", is confident that its lead actor Neil Nitin Mukesh will surprise everyone in the action-thriller.
The 33-year-old filmmaker chose newcomers in his directorial debut "Shaitan" and this time around he has gone ahead with southern star Vikram, Indo-Canadian actor Vinay Virmani besides Neil.
"Neil is a revelation in the film. He is just something else in front of the camera and he is going to surprise a lot of people. In fact I am curious to see how people react to him.
"I have shown portions of the film to focus groups and the way people have responded to Neil is fantastic. He is an under rated actor. All he needs is one big film to work and he would be at a different level," said Nambiar.
The director is confident that "David", which is Canadian actor Virmani's first Bollywood film, will prove successful for him.
"He hasn't worked in Bollywood before and the part for which he has been cast is actually a very difficult one. I remember how tough it had started becoming for us to get the right face.
"We had auditioned a lot of boys and the kind of vulnerability and intensity that Vinay brought on board was something that I liked most. He was immediately on board," the filmmaker added. Meanwhile "David" will be Vikram's second foray into Bollywood after Mani Ratnam's 2010 film "Raavan," which could not do much for the southern star in Bollywood.
"Vikram has improvised so much on his Hindi; he has worked on each and every line of his. He is an absolute delight to work with. I met him only once for a narration before the film went on floors. Later, when I met him at the sets, he was totally into the character," Nambiar said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota