Nelson Mandela released from the hospital
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- ICC World Twenty20: Yuvraj Singh, Ashwin make it 4/4
South Africa's presidency said Nelson Mandela, the anti-apartheid icon and former president, has been released from the hospital.
The 94-year-old had been in the hospital since December 8. He was diagnosed with a lung infection and also had a procedure to remove gallstones.
In recent days, officials have said Mandela is improving, but doctors have taken extraordinary care with his health because of his age.
Presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj says Mandela will receive more medical care at his Johannesburg home until he fully recovers.
Maharaj requested that the public respect Mandela's privacy at this time.
- Rajnath borrows Kejriwal words: ‘will jail corrupt’
- EC builds confidence with Vishwas Parchi
- Short changes: I-T dept asks assessees filing returns online to send ITRV by speed post
- Metro to build subway near Moti Bagh station
- Service tax amnesty scheme: Caught in web of fine print
- Modi hits out at Sonia over ticket to ‘Adarsh’ Chavan