Neo Prime acquires 2014 Asia Cup rights
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Sports channel Neo Prime has sealed the Indian broadcast rights for the multi-nation 2014 Asia Cup cricket tournament.
The Asia Cup was conceived in 1984 as the premier ODI (One Day International) tournament to promote goodwill amongst Asian countries and has grown from strength to strength over the last three decades.
The last edition was held in Bangladesh in 2012, which saw Pakistan retaining the title with a nail-biting win in the final against the hosts.
In a hotly contested sales process that saw significant interest from multiple broadcasters, Neo provided the best offer (financial and promotional package) for the event and also secured the first right to renew for the next three Asia Cup tournaments leading up to 2020.
The rights acquired covers primary viewership market of India as well as Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Asian Cricket Council CEO Ashraful Haq said, "The Asia Cup is our marquee event and we have constantly strived to boost its standing through long-term deals with trusted business associates."
Prasana Krishnan, COO, Neo Sports said: "We are delighted to add the extension of the Asia Cup rights to the growing list of long-term deals that Neo has with quality international sporting events and federations. The Asia Cup has always been a treasured property for us."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18