Nepalese couple found dead in Sarabha Nagar

A Nepalese couple working as domestic helps died at a residence in Sarabha Nagar due to asphyxia.

The bodies of Mohan Singh Rawal, 44, and his wife Rumba Devi, 41, were recovered on Saturday evening after the landlord peered into the servant quarter from the window. The coal stove in the room is being cited as the reason for the accident. Hailing from Doda in Nepal, the couple worked as domestic helps at the hone of industrialist Nitin Garg.

Garg told the police that Mohan and his wife went into their room at 11 on Friday night. When no one came out of the room till Saturday, he peered through the window and found both unconscious. He immediately alerted the police.

ASI Gurmeet Singh from Sarabha Nagar police station said that they found out that the couple had lit a coal stove and went to sleep.

The ASI said that the couple died from asphyxia (excess intake of carbon monoxide). "We have sent bodies to Civil Hospital for post-mortem and the report is awaited for further action," he added.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus