NET exam: UGC extends dates for registration
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
In view of the last minute rush for registration for NET exam this June and slowdown of server, UGC has extended the last date for online registration as well as submission of hard copies till early May.
"UGC has extended the last date up to May 2, 2012 for online submission and up to May 9, 2012 for the submission of hard copies at the centres," said an UGC statement today.
The last date for online registration was to end today. As many as 3,79,000 candidates had successfully registered online till 5 pm.
"However, due to last minute rush, the UGC site seems to have slowed down causing some difficulties to the prospective candidates," the statement said.
The exam is scheduled for June 24.
UGC officials said the server was now functioning fine, and the current registration rate is about 1000 candidates per hour.
UGC has already posted the information about the extension of the dates on its website.