NET exam: UGC extends dates for registration
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
In view of the last minute rush for registration for NET exam this June and slowdown of server, UGC has extended the last date for online registration as well as submission of hard copies till early May.
"UGC has extended the last date up to May 2, 2012 for online submission and up to May 9, 2012 for the submission of hard copies at the centres," said an UGC statement today.
The last date for online registration was to end today. As many as 3,79,000 candidates had successfully registered online till 5 pm.
"However, due to last minute rush, the UGC site seems to have slowed down causing some difficulties to the prospective candidates," the statement said.
The exam is scheduled for June 24.
UGC officials said the server was now functioning fine, and the current registration rate is about 1000 candidates per hour.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage