New airport terminal to be inaugurated on January 20
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Kolkata: The new integrated terminal at NSC Bose international airport is all set be inaugurated on January 20 by President Pranab Mukherjee after the initial construction work began on November 2008 and ran into a series of delays. Announcing this, Airport Advisory Committee chairman Saugata Roy, MP and former union minister said today Governor M K Narayanan and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would also be invited to the programme. The operational trial run however, would be held on January 23, he said. Full fledged operations would start only after two months, he added. The total modernisation cost incurred was to the tune of Rs 2300 crore. This is the only airport in the country to have been developed by the Airport Authority of India, Airport Director B P Sharma said.
ASI in police custody for 'rape'
Kolkata: An assistant sub-inspector of police who was arrested for allegedly raping a woman in Beniapukur area of the metropolis was sent to police custody till January 16 today. "The ASI has been sent to police custody till January 16," JCP (HQ) Javed Shamim said.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy