New Chndgrh-Delhi Shatabdi suspended soon after its inaugural
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
Railway Minister Pawan Bansal today flagged off the third Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Express here, but the train service was "suspended" within hours due to discrepancies in the fare structure.
Prospective passengers started getting "resvn suspended" (reservation suspended) message on railway's website within hours after the flagging off ceremony.
There was some discrepancy in the fare structure which is being rectified by the railway headquarters in Delhi, a senior railway official at Ambala Divisional Headquarters said.
Since the railway website, including online reservation, is controlled by authorities at New Delhi, officials in Punjab could not reveal by when the reservation for the new train would resume.
Earlier a railway official at Chandigarh had told PTI that the snag would be rectified soon, but till late evening the reservation for the new train remained suspended.
Reservation for the new train has also been suspended at various booking offices of the Railways. Chandigarh is already connected by two Shatabdi Expresses to New Delhi and there has been no disruption in their services.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating