New Chndgrh-Delhi Shatabdi suspended soon after its inaugural
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Railway Minister Pawan Bansal today flagged off the third Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Express here, but the train service was "suspended" within hours due to discrepancies in the fare structure.
Prospective passengers started getting "resvn suspended" (reservation suspended) message on railway's website within hours after the flagging off ceremony.
There was some discrepancy in the fare structure which is being rectified by the railway headquarters in Delhi, a senior railway official at Ambala Divisional Headquarters said.
Since the railway website, including online reservation, is controlled by authorities at New Delhi, officials in Punjab could not reveal by when the reservation for the new train would resume.
Earlier a railway official at Chandigarh had told PTI that the snag would be rectified soon, but till late evening the reservation for the new train remained suspended.
Reservation for the new train has also been suspended at various booking offices of the Railways. Chandigarh is already connected by two Shatabdi Expresses to New Delhi and there has been no disruption in their services.