New Chndgrh-Delhi Shatabdi suspended soon after its inaugural
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Railway Minister Pawan Bansal today flagged off the third Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Express here, but the train service was "suspended" within hours due to discrepancies in the fare structure.
Prospective passengers started getting "resvn suspended" (reservation suspended) message on railway's website within hours after the flagging off ceremony.
There was some discrepancy in the fare structure which is being rectified by the railway headquarters in Delhi, a senior railway official at Ambala Divisional Headquarters said.
Since the railway website, including online reservation, is controlled by authorities at New Delhi, officials in Punjab could not reveal by when the reservation for the new train would resume.
Earlier a railway official at Chandigarh had told PTI that the snag would be rectified soon, but till late evening the reservation for the new train remained suspended.
Reservation for the new train has also been suspended at various booking offices of the Railways. Chandigarh is already connected by two Shatabdi Expresses to New Delhi and there has been no disruption in their services.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully