New drug pricing policy notified
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
The department of pharmaceuticals has notified the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy 2012. This would bring 652 commonly used drugs under the ambit of price control up manifold from the 74 bulk drugs whose prices were regulated under the drug price control order of 1995. The policy, which had been pending for many years now had got a final push from the Supreme Court which called for the process to be expedited.