New editor for RSS Hindi weekly
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
The Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) has changed the editor of its mouthpiece Panchjanya (Hindi weekly). It is also likely that Organiser (English) will also have a new editorial head.
While Baldeo Bhai Sharma resigned last Saturday as editor of the Hindi weekly, the contract of R Balashankar, editor, Organiser, will end next month. Hitesh Shankar, who was with Hindustan, will be Sharma's replacement.
Vijay Kumar, managing director of Bharat Prakashan Limited, the publishers of both the weeklies, has confirmed that the new editor of Panchjanya has joined. "I cannot tell you anything about Organiser," said Kumar, who is also the Prant Karyawah (state general secretary) of RSS in Delhi.
However, sources said the replacement for R Balashankar has already joined as assistant editor. Arun Laxman joined the weekly two months ago but is on leave these days. Sources said he may take charge from Balashankar next month. Laxman had worked with The Pioneer when it was launched in Kerala a few years ago.
While a fall in circulation is being said to be reason for the changes, sources said key RSS leaders were unhappy as the weeklies were found to be taking Pro-Narendra Modi stand in the last few months when the Sangh Parivar was trying to establish and protect Nitin Gadkari.
- India may want calibrated strategic escalation, but this genie will not be put back in easily
- Swachh Bharat completes 2 years, but eliminating open defecation is a distant goal
- Pak does not know what it has lost, India doesn’t recognise where it is winning
- Why there are protests against Gandhi’s statue in Ghana University
- Nathuram Godse was a product of the political climate created by the Hindu right in the run-up to Partition
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP