New faces in BJD first list for Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
The BJD on Thursday released its candidates' list for the first phase of Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Orissa, placing its bets on fresh faces. Not a single sitting MP figured in the list for eight LS seats announced by CM Naveen Patnaik. The list for 59 Assembly seats had only 23 sitting MLAs — six ministers, 15 MLAs, the CM and the Speaker.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy