New in trade fair: Product launches
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Hall 8 reserved for launches; low-cost Android laptops, tablets announced on Sunday
India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), organisers of the 32nd India International Trade Fair introduced product launches to the event, for brand projection and expansion of businesses.
The aim of the new initiative is to provide a platform "for promotional back-up to the Indian business community so that they can launch their products and innovations in the competitive global market." Hall number 8 has been reserved for this purpose.
The first of many product launches took place here on Sunday as low-cost laptops and tablet PCs were unveiled.
Manufacturers Ambrane India claimed that the laptops and tablets are the cheapest in the country with "unparalleled features".
According to ITPO, "With unique features and price tag, Ambrane is the first company to use this (product launch) facility at the fair. Their products include Smart TV Stick , Mini Laptop with Android and Calling King tablets."
The 7-inch laptop and the tablet come with a pocket-friendly price tag. The laptop runs on Google's Android operating system. It has built-in WiFi and is priced at Rs 7,000. The tablet-cum-phone is priced at Rs 6,000 and comes with a variety of features such as 2G calling, capacitive touchscreen, WiFi, 8GB internal memory and 1GB RAM, the manufacturers said. In addition to this, the manufacturers are also offering a one-year pan India warranty on their products.
Ashok Rajpal, Ambrane's Director (Sales and Marketing), said, "Our products are based on the progress of these products in the market and we are looking at what more can be done to pack features in affordable prices."
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress