New Mayors, Dy Mayors for North, East corporations
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
With an eye on the upcoming Assembly elections and to strengthen BJP's hold in villages, Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party chief Vijay Goel on Sunday announced the names of new Mayors and Deputy Mayors of North and East Municipal Corporations.
Azad Singh, former Deputy Mayor of North corporation and younger brother of former CM Sahib Singh Verma has been nominated as Mayor of North corporation. Purnima Vidhyarthi has been named Deputy Mayor of North corporation. According to party sources, Azad Singh was chosen by the Delhi BJP chief Goel as he is trying to garner support of the rural belt for the upcoming Assembly elections. Standing Committee chairperson Yogendra Chandolia will be replaced by Ram Kishan Singhal and Mohan Bhardwaj will be his deputy.
East corporation Mayor Annapurna Mishra will be replaced by another Poorvanchal candidate — Ram Narain Dubey. Mahendra Ahuja will be his deputy. Standing Committee Chairperson Mehak Singh will be replaced by Sanjay Surjan and Sanjay Kaushik will be his deputy.
Goel said names of South corporation office bearers will be announced in two days.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU