New Mayors, Dy Mayors for North, East corporations
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
With an eye on the upcoming Assembly elections and to strengthen BJP's hold in villages, Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party chief Vijay Goel on Sunday announced the names of new Mayors and Deputy Mayors of North and East Municipal Corporations.
Azad Singh, former Deputy Mayor of North corporation and younger brother of former CM Sahib Singh Verma has been nominated as Mayor of North corporation. Purnima Vidhyarthi has been named Deputy Mayor of North corporation. According to party sources, Azad Singh was chosen by the Delhi BJP chief Goel as he is trying to garner support of the rural belt for the upcoming Assembly elections. Standing Committee chairperson Yogendra Chandolia will be replaced by Ram Kishan Singhal and Mohan Bhardwaj will be his deputy.
East corporation Mayor Annapurna Mishra will be replaced by another Poorvanchal candidate — Ram Narain Dubey. Mahendra Ahuja will be his deputy. Standing Committee Chairperson Mehak Singh will be replaced by Sanjay Surjan and Sanjay Kaushik will be his deputy.
Goel said names of South corporation office bearers will be announced in two days.