New Nepal constitution will have no legitimacy without us: CPN-M
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
The Communist Party of Nepal-Maoists, that leads an alliance of parties boycotting the election to the constituent assembly scheduled on November 19, has ruled out any possibility of a "viable and acceptable constitution" being drafted without their participation in the process.
Talking to media representatives here Saturday, CPN-M chairman Mohan Baidya Kiran said, "Keeping us out of the process was a deliberate attempt by external forces and their local puppets. But if any constitution is delivered without our participation, people will tear it into pieces."
"We are part of the peoples' war that brought about this political change, and any constitution to institutionalise these changes will be illegitimate, incomplete and unacceptable without us."
He said "it is a matter of shame that even the pro-parliamentary parties are destroying the very core value of the system by going against the principle of separation of power".
Kiran added, "In fact, we are the ones sticking for it by demanding that Khil Raj Regmi resign as the Chief Justice, a post he concurrently holds along with that of the executive head."
The CPN-M had boycotted the election as its initial demand for Regmi's resignation was turned down by four "major" parties that together endorsed the idea of having a chief Justice as the head of the electoral government.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer