New PGI academic session from Jan 7
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Dr M S Valiathan, National Research Professor, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal (Karnataka) will inaugurate the new academic session of the PGIMER on January 7. He will address the new residents who have joined PGIMER in the new academic session. The topic of his address will be "Biomedical Engineering and Health Care in India".
The institute's academic session begins on January 7 with 118 students joining the MD/MS course of major specialties like Anasthesia, Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics, Radio-diagnosis, General Surgery, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, Pathology, Pharmacology, Radiotherapy and Transfusion Medicine.
Eighteen students have joined the DM/M.ch of Cardiology, Cardiac Anesthesia, Neuro Anesthesia, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Paediatric Haemato-oncology, Paediatric Critical Care, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology and Urology.
Sixty-five students have joined paramedical courses in Bachelor of Physical Therapy, Radiodiagnosis, Operation Theatre, Radiotherapy, Perfusionist, Laboratory and Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.
Four students have joined House Jobs, one MSc MLT, two MHA, one PDCC (Postgraduate Certificate Course in Cytopathology) and two MASLP (Masters in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology).