New PGI academic session from Jan 7
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Dr M S Valiathan, National Research Professor, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal (Karnataka) will inaugurate the new academic session of the PGIMER on January 7. He will address the new residents who have joined PGIMER in the new academic session. The topic of his address will be "Biomedical Engineering and Health Care in India".
The institute's academic session begins on January 7 with 118 students joining the MD/MS course of major specialties like Anasthesia, Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics, Radio-diagnosis, General Surgery, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, Pathology, Pharmacology, Radiotherapy and Transfusion Medicine.
Eighteen students have joined the DM/M.ch of Cardiology, Cardiac Anesthesia, Neuro Anesthesia, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Paediatric Haemato-oncology, Paediatric Critical Care, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology and Urology.
Sixty-five students have joined paramedical courses in Bachelor of Physical Therapy, Radiodiagnosis, Operation Theatre, Radiotherapy, Perfusionist, Laboratory and Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.
Four students have joined House Jobs, one MSc MLT, two MHA, one PDCC (Postgraduate Certificate Course in Cytopathology) and two MASLP (Masters in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology).
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18