New Public School-18 cagers shine, beat St Kabir-26
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Riding high on Akanksha's superb dribbling skills, New Public School, Sector 18, overpowered St Kabir School, Sector 26 by a margin of 28-12 in a match played during Shanta H. Singh Memorial basketball tournament for girls, at the New Public School, Sector 18 courts, Chandigarh. Akanksha scored 16 points for the winning team while Anubha scored six points. In another match, the host team had to bite dust against Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 20. The visiting team beat New Public School eves by a narrow margin of 33-31 in a closely fought encounter. In other match of the day, Sacred Heart School, Sector 26, outplayed St Anne's School, Sector 32, by 48-26. Amol (16) and Gurleen (10) were the main scorers for Sacred Heart School.
Meanwhile in the Rao Jai Singh Memorial basketball tournament for men played at the same courts, hosts New Public School, Sector 18, carved out double victories beating St John's School, Sector 26, by 39-31 and Moti Ram Arya Senior Secondary School, Sector 27, by 43-8 in a one-sided match respectively. In the last match of the day, BKSP Bangladesh team recorded a facile 64-23 triumph over Police DAV Public School, Amritsar to surge ahead. Apu (14) and Tarek (12) were the main scorers for the winning team.