New record of scams created during UPA regime, says Varun Gandhi
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Alleging that a "new record of scams" was created during UPA regime, BJP MP Varun Gandhi today claimed that Sarabjit Singh, who died in a Pakistani hospital following a brutal attack on him, could not be saved due to its "lax policy".
"A modern history of corruption has been created in the regime of Congress-led UPA government and Sarabjit could not be saved because of its lax policy," Varun said while addressing party workers here during a protest dharna.
The dharna was staged as part of the party's countrywide programmes of protest demonstrations to highlight the scams and graft in the UPA dispensation.
The BJP national general secretary said that the Congress-led UPA government has cheated the poor farmers in the name of loan waiver as debt of only 18 per cent was waived off.
Attacking the SP regime in Uttar Pradesh, he alleged that there was complete anarchy in the state.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’