New record of scams created during UPA regime, says Varun Gandhi
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Alleging that a "new record of scams" was created during UPA regime, BJP MP Varun Gandhi today claimed that Sarabjit Singh, who died in a Pakistani hospital following a brutal attack on him, could not be saved due to its "lax policy".
"A modern history of corruption has been created in the regime of Congress-led UPA government and Sarabjit could not be saved because of its lax policy," Varun said while addressing party workers here during a protest dharna.
The dharna was staged as part of the party's countrywide programmes of protest demonstrations to highlight the scams and graft in the UPA dispensation.
The BJP national general secretary said that the Congress-led UPA government has cheated the poor farmers in the name of loan waiver as debt of only 18 per cent was waived off.
Attacking the SP regime in Uttar Pradesh, he alleged that there was complete anarchy in the state.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy