New Shivaji Nagar robbery attempt: Two arrested
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Hours after the robbery attempt at the yarn broker's house in New Shivaji Nagar on Monday, police arrested two persons involved in this crime.
The accused were identified as Laddi, a resident of Issa Nagari who had worked in their house, and his friend Raman, a resident of Amarpura. Both were arrested on Monday late evening.
ADCP Nilambari Jagdale said the duo were under the influence of drugs and had come armed with sharp-edged weapons with an aim to kill all and loot the house. However, alert Deepika, daughter of Veena Rani, managed to escape and raise the alarm from the terrace which forced the robbers to run away.
Though after the incident, Veena, Deepika and their servant Chotu were admitted to CMCH — Veena was operated on and was stated to be stable — Deepika was in a stable condition and recognised Laddi who had worked in their house. She gave this tip-off to the police and later her father Neeraj Juneja also gave details about his residence. Laddi had worked as an employee with Neeraj before working as a painter.
Police quickly raided various places and took the relatives and family members of the accused in their custody. Later, the duo were also arrested. The duo in their confession said they were aware of the cash in the house and, therefore, wanted to loot everything.
Theft bid at Jawaddi
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed