New timings of new Shatabdi from tomorrow
The timings of the recently started Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi will be changed from February 21.
According to the new schedule, the Shatabdi will depart from Chandigarh at 12 noon and reach New Delhi at 3.20 pm. At present, the Shatabdi departs at 11.40 am and reaches Delhi at 3 pm.
The timings are being changed because of the chaos being witnessed at the station due to less time gap between the Kalka-Shatabdi that arrives from Delhi in the morning and the Shatabdi that has to depart for Delhi. Besides a shortage of parking space, traffic jams were being experienced due to the large number of vehicles descending on the station to pick and drop passengers.
- India lacks institutional mechanisms to deal with death of firms and the failure of banks
- Do Bob Dylan’s lyrics read as poems? The fan’s dilemma
- Let those with real stakes decide whether GM mustard should be planted or not
- Both community and the state failed Aradhana Samdariya
- Next door Nepal: The vulnerability of Dahal
- Across the aisle: If we kill dissent, we will kill liberty