New timings of new Shatabdi from tomorrow
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
The timings of the recently started Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi will be changed from February 21.
According to the new schedule, the Shatabdi will depart from Chandigarh at 12 noon and reach New Delhi at 3.20 pm. At present, the Shatabdi departs at 11.40 am and reaches Delhi at 3 pm.
The timings are being changed because of the chaos being witnessed at the station due to less time gap between the Kalka-Shatabdi that arrives from Delhi in the morning and the Shatabdi that has to depart for Delhi. Besides a shortage of parking space, traffic jams were being experienced due to the large number of vehicles descending on the station to pick and drop passengers.