New venue for Asian meet?
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Narendra Modi glue binds splintered Maharashtra
- Muslims afraid of Modi, but Rajnath like Atal: Shia cleric
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
The Athletics Federation of India (AAI) has said that it would try its best to hold the Asian Athletics Championship in another city of the country after the prestigious event, schedule to be held in Chennai, was shunned by the Tamil Nadu government.
Amid protests over the alleged brutal killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran's son, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa called off the 20th Asian Athletics Championships scheduled to be held in July, saying Lankan athletes have no place in the state.