New Year gift: No toll on A’bad-Vadodara
- Vijay Rupani sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat
- PM speaks: Gau rakshaks anti-social, so angry to see shops in cow’s name
- Punjab: RSS leader shot at in Jalandhar, condition critical
- Bhiwandi: Several feared trapped under debris after building collapse
- Kashmir unrest: Separatists make it personal, name police officers
Car drivers using the Expressway will now have to pay Rs 80 for one-way trip from Vadodara to Ahmedabad while buses and trucks will be charged Rs 275 each as against the present toll of Rs 336.
Besides, two new categories for heavy vehicles have been added in the revised toll rates. While four to six-axle vehicles will have to pay Rs 430, oversized vehicles with seven or more axles will be charged Rs 525 per trip.
Incidentally, IRB is also implementing the project of six-laning 293-km-long section of NH8 from Surat to Dahisar.
Bus fares set to go down
- The plight of Dalits in Gujarat cannot be attributed only to BJP rule
- More than a new building, Parliament needs an update of its procedures
- Revenge of the powerless voter
- CM Mufti appropriates language of struggle, but BJP-PDP alliance erodes her legitimacy
- It is time the UN had a woman and a feminist as its secretary-general
- Across the aisle: Good sense triumphs, danger lurks