New Year gift: No toll on A’bad-Vadodara
- PM Modi should sack Sushma, says Rahul; BJP claims it's a non issue
- Lalit Modi no fugitive, no blue corner notice against him, claims lawyer
- RTI reply dismisses MHA's claim over Indian citizenship granted to Pak, Afghan Hindus
- AIPMT 2015: Supreme Court cancels test, orders fresh dates
- Australia suspends import of Maggi noodles from India
Car drivers using the Expressway will now have to pay Rs 80 for one-way trip from Vadodara to Ahmedabad while buses and trucks will be charged Rs 275 each as against the present toll of Rs 336.
Besides, two new categories for heavy vehicles have been added in the revised toll rates. While four to six-axle vehicles will have to pay Rs 430, oversized vehicles with seven or more axles will be charged Rs 525 per trip.
Incidentally, IRB is also implementing the project of six-laning 293-km-long section of NH8 from Surat to Dahisar.
Bus fares set to go down
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) is likely to revise its fares in the wake of abolition of toll tax on the Ahmedabad-Vadodara section of NH8 and reduction in user's fee on the Expressway. "We are expecting a circular from our headquarters in Ahmedabad announcing fare cuts in the next few days. We will implement cuts as soon as the circular reaches us," said Pankaj Prajapati, divisional traffic officer of GSRTC in Vadodara.