New Year gift: No toll on A’bad-Vadodara
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Car drivers using the Expressway will now have to pay Rs 80 for one-way trip from Vadodara to Ahmedabad while buses and trucks will be charged Rs 275 each as against the present toll of Rs 336.
Besides, two new categories for heavy vehicles have been added in the revised toll rates. While four to six-axle vehicles will have to pay Rs 430, oversized vehicles with seven or more axles will be charged Rs 525 per trip.
Incidentally, IRB is also implementing the project of six-laning 293-km-long section of NH8 from Surat to Dahisar.
Bus fares set to go down
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) is likely to revise its fares in the wake of abolition of toll tax on the Ahmedabad-Vadodara section of NH8 and reduction in user's fee on the Expressway. "We are expecting a circular from our headquarters in Ahmedabad announcing fare cuts in the next few days. We will implement cuts as soon as the circular reaches us," said Pankaj Prajapati, divisional traffic officer of GSRTC in Vadodara.