New Zealand create history regain their pride, win series against South Africa
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
New Zealand beat South Africa in the second one day international here to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three match series.
New Zealand batsman Kane Williamson's superb unbeaten career best 145 saw the tourists to a total of 279-8 while the hosts were all out for 252 in their reply to lose by 27 runs yesterday.
New Zealands victory goes some way towards putting behind them their 2-0 test series defeat by the South Africans. Williamson's knock was only the second century for New Zealand on their tour of South Africa and saw him bounce back from a disappointing Test series with a confident, stroke-filled innings.
Despite Williamson's heroics, South Africa were on course for victory until two run-outs in successive overs derailed their run chase.
There were a total of five run-outs as the hosts limped to defeat while the New Zealand players shouted for joy and hugged each other on the field as they retrieved some pride after losing both Test matches by an innings.
Williamson and Grant Elliott (48) laid the foundation for New Zealand's total with a third wicket stand of 127 off 128 balls. Williamson reached his third one-day international hundred off exactly 100 balls with 14 fours. He was hampered by cramp in the later stages of his innings but finished with a career-best 145 not out off 136 balls with 17 fours and a six.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer