New Zealand won't sign 'Kyoto 2' climate treaty
- 'For 9 months, you have been sitting over names': SC raps Centre on appointment of judges
- Tata Group said to shortlist candidates for next chairman following ouster of Cyrus Mistry
- PM Modi to visit Japan in November, civil nuclear pact high on agenda
- J&K: After nearly 4 hours, Pakistan resumes mortar shelling in R S Pura sector
- Wanted to hit LeT camps in Pakistan after 26/11 strike: Shivshankar Menon
New Zealand says it won't sign on for a second stage of the Kyoto Protocol climate treaty.
The announcement came Friday soon after Australia said it would commit to "Kyoto 2.''
The treaty aims to curb international greenhouse gas emissions through binding national commitments. But some question its effectiveness after many of the world's biggest polluters, including the U.S. and China, didn't sign on.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor