New Zealand won't sign 'Kyoto 2' climate treaty
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
New Zealand says it won't sign on for a second stage of the Kyoto Protocol climate treaty.
The announcement came Friday soon after Australia said it would commit to "Kyoto 2.''
The treaty aims to curb international greenhouse gas emissions through binding national commitments. But some question its effectiveness after many of the world's biggest polluters, including the U.S. and China, didn't sign on.