New Zealand won't sign 'Kyoto 2' climate treaty
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
New Zealand says it won't sign on for a second stage of the Kyoto Protocol climate treaty.
The announcement came Friday soon after Australia said it would commit to "Kyoto 2.''
The treaty aims to curb international greenhouse gas emissions through binding national commitments. But some question its effectiveness after many of the world's biggest polluters, including the U.S. and China, didn't sign on.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy