New-age 'Agneepath' script, director finalised
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
The suspense is over! Karan Johar has finally okayed the script of the new-age AGNEEPATH, the cult film that won Amitabh Bachchan a National Award for his brilliant performance as Vijay Dinanath Chavan. While Karan is yet to take a call on its casting, he has finalized the director of the film -- Karan Malhotra -- who was the associate director in MY NAME IS KHAN.
Karan Johar confirms the news, "Yes, Dharma has green-lit the remake of AGNEEPATH. But it's not a scene to scene remake of the original that was produced by my father [Yash Johar]. It's an adaptation and restructured version of that film, which has been penned by Karan Malhotra along with two more writers."