New-age 'Agneepath' script, director finalised
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
The suspense is over! Karan Johar has finally okayed the script of the new-age AGNEEPATH, the cult film that won Amitabh Bachchan a National Award for his brilliant performance as Vijay Dinanath Chavan. While Karan is yet to take a call on its casting, he has finalized the director of the film -- Karan Malhotra -- who was the associate director in MY NAME IS KHAN.
Karan Johar confirms the news, "Yes, Dharma has green-lit the remake of AGNEEPATH. But it's not a scene to scene remake of the original that was produced by my father [Yash Johar]. It's an adaptation and restructured version of that film, which has been penned by Karan Malhotra along with two more writers."
There's talk that Karan has already approached Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor for the principal roles, but he denies it. "We were waiting for the script to get completed. The next step would be to approach the actors. However, we haven't approached anyone yet," Karan sets the record straight.