New-age 'Agneepath' script, director finalised
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
The suspense is over! Karan Johar has finally okayed the script of the new-age AGNEEPATH, the cult film that won Amitabh Bachchan a National Award for his brilliant performance as Vijay Dinanath Chavan. While Karan is yet to take a call on its casting, he has finalized the director of the film -- Karan Malhotra -- who was the associate director in MY NAME IS KHAN.
Karan Johar confirms the news, "Yes, Dharma has green-lit the remake of AGNEEPATH. But it's not a scene to scene remake of the original that was produced by my father [Yash Johar]. It's an adaptation and restructured version of that film, which has been penned by Karan Malhotra along with two more writers."
There's talk that Karan has already approached Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor for the principal roles, but he denies it. "We were waiting for the script to get completed. The next step would be to approach the actors. However, we haven't approached anyone yet," Karan sets the record straight.