Newborn boy found abandoned in park
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A newborn boy was found abandoned in a park in Salem Tabri area of the city on Monday morning.
A passer-by heard the cries of the baby and informed the police. The police first rushed the baby to Civil Hospital and later to ensure his proper care, he was handed over to Swami Ganganand Bhuri Wale International Foundation Children Home, Raikot.
However, the police were not able to get any clue about the family of the baby or the person who abandoned it.
Salem Tabri SHO Dharampal said, "We found the baby wrapped in a blanket along with a milk feeder. After hearing the cries of the baby, a passer-by alerted us and we then informed social security department."
The inspector added that the ''baby is not more than three days old and it is quite sure that someone left him intentionally as the baby was unwanted".
"Maybe an unmarried mother left the baby, fearing social stigma. We have begun an investigation and contacted all hospitals, nursing homes and midwives of the surrounding area and asked them to produce records of the deliveries performed by them in the past couple of days," he added.