Newborn boy found abandoned in park
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
A newborn boy was found abandoned in a park in Salem Tabri area of the city on Monday morning.
A passer-by heard the cries of the baby and informed the police. The police first rushed the baby to Civil Hospital and later to ensure his proper care, he was handed over to Swami Ganganand Bhuri Wale International Foundation Children Home, Raikot.
However, the police were not able to get any clue about the family of the baby or the person who abandoned it.
Salem Tabri SHO Dharampal said, "We found the baby wrapped in a blanket along with a milk feeder. After hearing the cries of the baby, a passer-by alerted us and we then informed social security department."
The inspector added that the ''baby is not more than three days old and it is quite sure that someone left him intentionally as the baby was unwanted".
"Maybe an unmarried mother left the baby, fearing social stigma. We have begun an investigation and contacted all hospitals, nursing homes and midwives of the surrounding area and asked them to produce records of the deliveries performed by them in the past couple of days," he added.