Newborn boy found abandoned in park
- BJP hits back at Rahul's '56-inch-chest' remark on Modi, says he is a 'baby in diapers'
- After border tension, India and Pakistan involved in 'visa war'
- After expelling us, 'hypocrite' Kejriwal wants us back: Prashant Bhushan
- In Jammu, PM Narendra Modi disapproves of political untouchability
- Veteran communist leader K R Gouri to return to CPI(M) 21 years after expulsion
A newborn boy was found abandoned in a park in Salem Tabri area of the city on Monday morning.
A passer-by heard the cries of the baby and informed the police. The police first rushed the baby to Civil Hospital and later to ensure his proper care, he was handed over to Swami Ganganand Bhuri Wale International Foundation Children Home, Raikot.
However, the police were not able to get any clue about the family of the baby or the person who abandoned it.
Salem Tabri SHO Dharampal said, "We found the baby wrapped in a blanket along with a milk feeder. After hearing the cries of the baby, a passer-by alerted us and we then informed social security department."
The inspector added that the ''baby is not more than three days old and it is quite sure that someone left him intentionally as the baby was unwanted".
"Maybe an unmarried mother left the baby, fearing social stigma. We have begun an investigation and contacted all hospitals, nursing homes and midwives of the surrounding area and asked them to produce records of the deliveries performed by them in the past couple of days," he added.