Newly married couple abducted
- Robert Vadra attacks govt on privileges for MPs and other VIPs at airports
- Khetan says will not spare Bhushans after 'paid journalist' charges
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maha govt tells HC
- ISIS leader Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Political intervention in bureaucracy inevitable: PM Modi
Two youngsters, who had reportedly got married in the Punjab and Haryana High Court, were allegedly abducted on Friday. The two along with the boy's grandfather, Malkiat Singh, were on their way to the High Court to collect a copy of the marriage order , when the incident occurred.
Police said that on the dividing road in Sector 8 and Sector 9, the auto rickshaw, in which they were travelling, was stopped by the girl's father, Surjit Singh, and other family members. The girl along with her husband and grandfather-in-law were allegedly kidnapped by Surjit , who is a driver in Moga. Police officials further said that the two youngsters are neither students nor are working anywhere. The auto-rickshaw driver called the police control room when the incident took place but police were not able to nab the alleged kidnappers.
In the evening, police traced the couple.