Newly married couple abducted
- Advani wants to shift to Bhopal, but BJP wants him to stick to Gandhinagar
- Missing Malaysia plane: Files were deleted from flight simulator
- 1962 Sino-Indian war report: Govt advocated caution, Army dictated policy that was militarily unsound
- No intention to invade other regions, much less other nations: Putin
- BJP pits V K Singh against Ilmi, Babbar in Rajnathâs Ghaziabad
Two youngsters, who had reportedly got married in the Punjab and Haryana High Court, were allegedly abducted on Friday. The two along with the boy's grandfather, Malkiat Singh, were on their way to the High Court to collect a copy of the marriage order , when the incident occurred.
Police said that on the dividing road in Sector 8 and Sector 9, the auto rickshaw, in which they were travelling, was stopped by the girl's father, Surjit Singh, and other family members. The girl along with her husband and grandfather-in-law were allegedly kidnapped by Surjit , who is a driver in Moga. Police officials further said that the two youngsters are neither students nor are working anywhere. The auto-rickshaw driver called the police control room when the incident took place but police were not able to nab the alleged kidnappers.
In the evening, police traced the couple.
- A day after Holi, workers stay away from work
- Deputy Mayor Sharma booked for murder
- Stop Aadhaar data use to probe crime: UIDAI to SC
- Congress will win at least 20 seats in the state: Siddaramaiah
- Have done nothing wrong, need not fear anyone: Geetha Shivrajkumar
- ‘We’ll make progress in south India, open account in Kerala’