Newlywed wife denies sex to husband due to earlier marriage, killed
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
A newly married woman was beaten to death and burnt by her husband for denying his conjugal rights after she came to know he was already married and divorced his first wife, police said.
Panchavarnam, (22) of Pommayakan Koundanpatti, was married to Nagaraj (27) five days ago. She was not told that Nagaraj had divorced his first wife.
Shocked and angered that she had been deceived, Panchavarnam refused to speak to her husband and stayed away from him.
After an heated exchange last night in their house, Nagaraj attacked Panchavarnam and smashed her head against the wall.
She died on the spot. Later Nagaraj burnt her and informed others that she had committed suicide.
However, he later allegedly confessed to police to having killed the woman.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today