Newlywed wife denies sex to husband due to earlier marriage, killed
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
A newly married woman was beaten to death and burnt by her husband for denying his conjugal rights after she came to know he was already married and divorced his first wife, police said.
Panchavarnam, (22) of Pommayakan Koundanpatti, was married to Nagaraj (27) five days ago. She was not told that Nagaraj had divorced his first wife.
Shocked and angered that she had been deceived, Panchavarnam refused to speak to her husband and stayed away from him.
After an heated exchange last night in their house, Nagaraj attacked Panchavarnam and smashed her head against the wall.
She died on the spot. Later Nagaraj burnt her and informed others that she had committed suicide.
However, he later allegedly confessed to police to having killed the woman.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign