Newlywed wife denies sex to husband due to earlier marriage, killed
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
A newly married woman was beaten to death and burnt by her husband for denying his conjugal rights after she came to know he was already married and divorced his first wife, police said.
Panchavarnam, (22) of Pommayakan Koundanpatti, was married to Nagaraj (27) five days ago. She was not told that Nagaraj had divorced his first wife.
Shocked and angered that she had been deceived, Panchavarnam refused to speak to her husband and stayed away from him.
After an heated exchange last night in their house, Nagaraj attacked Panchavarnam and smashed her head against the wall.
She died on the spot. Later Nagaraj burnt her and informed others that she had committed suicide.
However, he later allegedly confessed to police to having killed the woman.