Newlywed wife denies sex to husband due to earlier marriage, killed
- Tamil Nadu floor test live updates: DMK MLAs expelled, House adjourned till 3 pm
- Why assume BJP govt is just for five years? People want Modi govt for a long time to come: Amit Shah
- AAP MLA’s father-in-law is in NGO that served midday meal
- Tripura Gov reads House speech with party lens on, skips parts that slam Centre
- Maharashtra civic polls: BJP is baring its "fangs", says Uddhav Thackeray
A newly married woman was beaten to death and burnt by her husband for denying his conjugal rights after she came to know he was already married and divorced his first wife, police said.
Panchavarnam, (22) of Pommayakan Koundanpatti, was married to Nagaraj (27) five days ago. She was not told that Nagaraj had divorced his first wife.
Shocked and angered that she had been deceived, Panchavarnam refused to speak to her husband and stayed away from him.
After an heated exchange last night in their house, Nagaraj attacked Panchavarnam and smashed her head against the wall.
She died on the spot. Later Nagaraj burnt her and informed others that she had committed suicide.
- In Manipur, Cong battles fatigue, BJP struggles to grow roots. Irom Sharmila makes debut
- India should convince world that the choice between Islamic State and Taliban is a false one
- Does religion form the core of the Pakistani identity and is it reconcilable with democracy and its institutional forms?
- In India, voices of public protest against hate-mongering targeting Muslims have been far too muted
- But Sanjay Leela Bhansali must rethink his cinema
- Demand for quotas by powerful groups draws on perceptions, does injustice to truly disadvantaged