Newlywed wife denies sex to husband due to earlier marriage, killed
- IAF evacuates over 2,500 from Nepal; 250 feared missing after landslide
- 4,000 people, mostly Indians, to reach India in 80 buses tonight
- Nepal PM Koirala puts toll at 10,000, says rescue ops not effective
- There is no gag order on PM when abroad: Jaitley on row over Modi’s comment
- Bihar hospital puts 'Bhukamp' stickers on patients injured in the earthquake
A newly married woman was beaten to death and burnt by her husband for denying his conjugal rights after she came to know he was already married and divorced his first wife, police said.
Panchavarnam, (22) of Pommayakan Koundanpatti, was married to Nagaraj (27) five days ago. She was not told that Nagaraj had divorced his first wife.
Shocked and angered that she had been deceived, Panchavarnam refused to speak to her husband and stayed away from him.
After an heated exchange last night in their house, Nagaraj attacked Panchavarnam and smashed her head against the wall.
She died on the spot. Later Nagaraj burnt her and informed others that she had committed suicide.
However, he later allegedly confessed to police to having killed the woman.